This is a spinach recipe which involves everything fresh. There’s quite a bit of preparation involved in this recipe which needs advanced preparation. The salad can be done at the last moment, though.
This is a recipe which can be enjoyed as a summer dish. Follow these easy procedures for your delectable fresh spinach recipe.
Preparation Time: 20
Cooking Time: Beetroot – 40 minutes, Peas – 5 minutes, Almonds – 2 minutes
Yields: 4-8 servings, depending whether it will be eaten as a side dish or main dish.
- English cucumber – ¼ piece
- Peas – 1 cup
- Almonds – 120 g (4 oz), flaked
- Feta cheese – 120 g (4 oz), cubed
- Baby or cherry tomatoes – 120g (4 oz)
- Beetroots – 6 medium
- Spinach leaves – 250 g (8 oz)
• Olive oil – 3 tbsp
• Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbsp
• Dijon mustard – 1 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel beetroots and then cut them into quarters. Drizzle a bit of oil over them. Put them on the roasting tray. Allow 30-40 minutes of roasting time or until everything’s cooked thoroughly. Set aside to cool.
- Wash the spinach leaves well. Transfer them on a large platter or bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan. Put the almonds and toast for about 1-2 minutes until they become brown. Be careful not to burn them. Immediately remove from the pan and transfer on a plate. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the peas and then drain. Set aside to cool.
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds. Cut it into cubes.
- To make the dressing, mix Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a medium-sized bowl. Pour over the salad. Toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle the cucumber, peas, feta cheese, tomatoes, beetroots and finally, the almonds.
- This fresh spinach recipe can be eaten as a main course. You can also include thin slices of seared lamb, seared beef or smoked ham if you want.
- You can also add 1 cup of butternut (roasted) and toasted walnuts or pecans.