Many vegetable lovers are used to preparing spinach the traditional way, spinach with egg (hard-boiled), mushrooms and some bits of bacon sprinkled on top. Now, there’s another way to prepare this dish with a unique twist simply by wilting the leaves of the spinach and then serving the dish warm.
Follow the step by step guide in making a simple, yet quick hot spinach salad.
- Olive or vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- Pepper and salt – 1 pinch, to taste
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Mushrooms – 1 cup, sliced
- Eggs – 3 pieces, hard-boiled
- Bacon – 3 slices
- Spinach – 1 bag, fresh
- Water – 2 cups
- Paprika – ¾ ounce
- Small pot
- Frying pan
- Container or bowl – microwave safe
- Large bowl
- Boil some water in a pot. When it starts bubbling, slowly put the 3 eggs and leave it in the boiling water for about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool after they’re cooked.
- While waiting, fry the bacon in the pan.
- Get the microwave-safe bowl or container and empty the bag of fresh spinach. Wash them. Put 2 cups of water and put it in the microwave on medium level until spinach is warm and tender. Get rid of the excess water.
- Transfer the warm spinach to a large bowl and. Crumble the strips of bacon.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Take the eggs and gently get rid of the shells. You can crumble or slice the eggs then mix in the spinach salad.
- To make a tasty and quick dressing, get a separate bowl and simply mix the vinegar, pepper, salt, paprika and vegetable/olive oil.
- Pour your dressing over the warm spinach salad. Gently toss then serve.
Serve this hot spinach recipe for that next luncheon with family and friends. This recipe goes well with sausages instead of bacon, too.